Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2008

BOOK REVIEW

“The perks of being a wallflower” is written by Stephen Chbosky born in 1970. It is one of the most popular coming-of-age stories from the 1990s. The book tells us the story of Charlie who is a high-school student. The Novel consists of letters from Charlie to an unknown person telling about his life.

Charlie is writing over his life as a wallflower. He gives a close-up look into his world, his friends, family, school, problems and experiences. There are things happened in the past, which he has to come over so he has the possibility to a fulfilling life. In the book there are much of serous themes like drug using, abortion, suicide, mistreatment, homosexuality, loneliness and much more. I think most of the themes in this book are timeless and also in our generation current. One of the main messages of this story I think has to do with staying true to yourself and that is one of the main parts of my life so that is maybe the reason why I like this novel so much.

What I really liked about the novel is how it wasn’t afraid to talk about controversial topic. It gets boring when you always read books talking about teens being perfect. I also like how we got a first person-perspective into the life of Charlie and the easiness to read. The book really makes you thoughtfully and I think now it is one of my favourite books.

245 words

Keine Kommentare: