Dienstag, 27. November 2007

Task 1:
Dear Raphaela,
Last week I was in a art gallery and there I saw an incredible picture by Norman Rockwell called “The Problem we all live with”. The focus of this picture is on a young black girl with a white dress, white socks and shoes and a white ribbon. She is walking from the right to the left side of the picture and she is carrying two books and a ruler. On the left side of the picture there are two men in front of the young girl who are wearing suits and black shoes. The man in the foreground wears a gray suit and the man in the background wears a brown one. They all sow have a yellow band around their arms and on this band it …. “Deputy US Marshall”. In the background of the whole picture there is a wall. When you look closely onto the wall you can see the word “Nigger” which was wrote on the wall. On the right side there are another two “Deputy US Marshall” who are walking behind the girl. In the background you can see a tomato which was thrown at the wall and now the tomato is on the ground. When I was this picture my first emotion was sadness. I think the artist wanted to show us something about racial segregation, racism and race hatred.
Yours Mattias.

Task 2:
Hi. My name is Hans and I read your discussion about this photo. I think that all of you wrote such a nonsense that I can all sow add my trash.
I think nowadays everything is art no matter from which artist and whether it was intentional or not. Perhaps you don’t like everything, but it’s still art. This photo you are talking about and discussing is all sow art I think. But I don’t think it’s very good. It looks like a photo taken out of a garden magazine from may mother. It looks pretty nice but it’s not really good art like photos from Erwin Olaf. If you have time and most of you look like they have much time, visit the page www.erwinolaf.com and talk about that. I wish you a nice live.

Keine Kommentare: